Inclusiveness Target Country (ITC)
ITC Conference Grants are aimed at supporting PhD students and ECI researchers from Participating ITC to attend international science and technology related conferences not organized by the COST Action.
1. The Applicant must be registered on e-COST.
2. The Applicant must be a PhD student or Early Career Investigator (ECI) and must be engaged in an official research programme as a PhD Student or postdoctoral fellow.
3. The Applicant’s primary affiliation in an institution located in an ITC (Inclusiveness Target Country). The ITCs are as follows: Albania, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Estonia, Croatia, Hungary, Lithuania, Latvia, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Montenegro, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovenia, Slovakia, Republic of North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Turkey.
4. The Applicant must make an oral/poster presentation at the conference. The main subject of the oral presentation / poster presentation / speech at the approved conference must contribute to the objectives of the SPRINT COST Action and must acknowledge COST.
5. Attendance at European conferences is preferred. However, conferences held elsewhere can also be considered.
How to Apply
The Grant Awarding Coordinator (Antonietta Silini) is the person appointed by the Action Management Committee (MC) charged to coordinate and approve on behalf of the Acton MC the awarding of all types of grants for supporting the mobility of Researchers and Innovators and the presentation of Action results at a conference organised by a third part.
For more information, please consult the Grant Awarding Guidelines
Applications must be completed using the e-COST applicant’s profile.
After conference participation
Withing 15 days after the end of the participation in the conference, the grantee receives a reminder to upload the scientific report. The deadline to submit the last supporting document is 30 days from the end of the participation in the conference.
The submission of the report is mandatory or the Grant is cancelled. Late submission, beyond the deadline, can also lead to the cancellation of the Grant.
A scientific report template is available here. The grantee must complete this template and save it in pdf before uploading it in e-COST.
It is expected that each ITC grantee will send a copy of their presentation/poster/paper to the ITC Conference Grants Manager. It will be then disseminated using the website, social media, etc. The material must be submitted to the ITC Conference Grants Manager by email shortly after the conference. Photographic material taken at the conference (e.g. the Applicant with the SPRINT logo in background) will be requested.