The First COST SPRINT Training School was held in
Malta, October 2-4, 2019
Please visit the Member area for photos
and trainer presentations!
The Second COST SPRINT Training School
will be held in Coimbra, Portugal
June 29 - July 1, 2022
Photos courtesy of: https://www.flickr.com/photos/189578920@N04/albums
Starts: June 29, 2022
Ends: July 1, 2022
Participants: PhD candidates, Postdocs. Please notice that the Training School will be offered to 20 participants at a maximum.
Registration costs: Free of charge, the Training School Committee will implement a selection procedure of trainees.
Contribution to expenses: 20 trainees of the total number will be eligible to receive a contribution of up to 750 Euros per trainee. This sum is an overall contribution to the travel, accommodation and meal expenses. Note that trainees are only eligible if they have received (and accepted) the official invitation through e-COST (foreseen in May 2022).
Specific Rules and Regulations
1) Trainee Grants do not necessarily cover all expenses related to attending the Training School. The Trainee Grant is a contribution of up to 750 Euros to the overall travel, accommodation and meal expenses of the Grantee. Different Grants amount can be attributed to each trainee.
2) Each trainee must register for an e-COST profile at https://e-services.cost.eu – each trainee must add their bank details to their e-COST profile.
3) Trainees eligible for contribution:
Trainees must be engaged in an official research program as a PhD Student or postdoctoral fellow or can be employed by, or affiliated to, an institution, organization or legal entity which has within its remit a clear association with performing research.
Trainees eligible for grants:
1) Trainees from COST Full Members / COST Cooperating Member, see http://www.cost.eu/about_cost/cost_member_states
2) Trainees from Approved Near Neighbour Countries (NNC) Institutions
3) Trainees from Approved European Research, Technology, and Development (RTD) Organizations
Trainees not eligible for grants:
1) Trainees from COST Partner Members
2) Trainees from Approved International Partner Countries (IPC) Institutions
3) Trainees from Approved International Organizations, EU Commission, Bodies, Offices and Agencies
4) Other Trainees not specifically mentioned as being eligible
Registration procedure for Trainees
Application opens: March 21, 2022
Application closes: April 30, 2022
Each applicant has to register in e-COST https://e-services.cost.eu adding his/her bank details to his/her e-COST profile and send an email the Training School Selection Committee at email@example.com with the following documents:
1. A motivation letter briefly (max 1 page) introducing the applicant, previous projects, involvement in activities relevant to the SPRINT Action, motivation and benefits for Training School participation, possibility to disseminate Training School topics through education or awareness sessions within their own institute or countries.
2. The applicant’s CV (max 2 pages) including relevant publications.
Announcement of the selected trainees and the awarded contributions: May 15, 2022
Official invitation by e-COST to participate in the Training School: May 30, 2022
The Training School applications will be considered by Training School Selection Committee. The outcome of the evaluation will be notified by the Training School committee thereafter the trainees will be officially invited to participate by a message sent by e-COST.
The applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
1. Quality of projects and experience, involvement in activities relevant to the SPRINT Action, Weight 40%
2. Motivation of the applicant to participate in the Training School, Weight 30%
3. Plan to disseminate Training School topics, Weight 30%
Only applicants who have registered in e-COST, including their bank details and who have submitted their CV and motivation letter will be permitted to take part in the selection procedure.
Regarding eligibility of trainees for contribution to expenses, please carefully read the "Specific Rules and Regulations" section above.